Grouse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GrouseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. sing. & pl.) Any of the numerous species of gallinaceous birds of the family Tetraonidae, and subfamily Tetraoninae, inhabiting Europe, Asia, and North America. They have plump bodies, strong, well-feathered legs, and usually mottled plumage. The group includes the ptarmigans (Lagopus), having feathered feet.
- (v. i.) To seek or shoot grouse.
- (v. i.) To complain or grumble.
• GrouserDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pointed timber attached to a boat and sliding vertically, to thrust into the ground as a means of anchorage.