Grunting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GruntingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Grunt
• GruntDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make a deep, short noise, as a hog; to utter a short groan or a deep guttural sound.
- (n.) Any one of several species of American food fishes, of the genus Haemulon, allied to the snappers, as, the black grunt (A. Plumieri), and the redmouth grunt (H. aurolineatus), of the Southern United States; -- also applied to allied species of the genera Pomadasys, Orthopristis, and Pristopoma. Called also pigfish, squirrel fish, and grunter; -- so called from the noise it makes when taken.
- (n.) A deep, guttural sound, as of a hog.
• GruntinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a grunting manner.