Hackled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HackledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hackle
• HackleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Any flimsy substance unspun, as raw silk.
- (v. t.) To separate, as the coarse part of flax or hemp from the fine, by drawing it through the teeth of a hackle or hatchel.
- (n.) A comb for dressing flax, raw silk, etc.; a hatchel.
- (v. t.) To tear asunder; to break in pieces.
- (n.) One of the peculiar, long, narrow feathers on the neck of fowls, most noticeable on the cock, -- often used in making artificial flies; hence, any feather so used.
- (n.) An artificial fly for angling, made of feathers.