Hackney Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HackneyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To carry in a hackney coach.
- (v. t.) To devote to common or frequent use, as a horse or carriage; to wear out in common service; to make trite or commonplace; as, a hackneyed metaphor or quotation.
- (n.) A carriage kept for hire; a hack; a hackney coach.
- (n.) A horse for riding or driving; a nag; a pony.
- (a.) Let out for hire; devoted to common use; hence, much used; trite; mean; as, hackney coaches; hackney authors.
- (n.) A hired drudge; a hireling; a prostitute.
- (n.) A horse or pony kept for hire.
• HackneymanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A man who lets horses and carriages for hire.