Haze Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HazeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Light vapor or smoke in the air which more or less impedes vision, with little or no dampness; a lack of transparency in the air; hence, figuratively, obscurity; dimness.
- (v. t.) To harass or annoy by playing abusive or shameful tricks upon; to humiliate by practical jokes; -- used esp. of college students; as, the sophomores hazed a freshman.
- (v. t.) To harass by exacting unnecessary, disagreeable, or difficult work.
- (v. i.) To be hazy, or tick with haze.
• HazedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Haze
• HazelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A miners name for freestone.
- (n.) A shrub or small tree of the genus Corylus, as the C. avellana, bearing a nut containing a kernel of a mild, farinaceous taste; the filbert. The American species are C. Americana, which produces the common hazelnut, and C. rostrata. See Filbert.
- (a.) Of a light brown color, like the hazelnut.
- (a.) Consisting of hazels, or of the wood of the hazel; pertaining to, or derived from, the hazel; as, a hazel wand.