Healing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HealingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Heal
- (a.) Tending to cure; soothing; mollifying; as, the healing art; a healing salve; healing words.
• HealDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Health.
- (v. t.) To make hale, sound, or whole; to cure of a disease, wound, or other derangement; to restore to soundness or health.
- (v. i.) To grow sound; to return to a sound state; as, the limb heals, or the wound heals; -- sometimes with up or over; as, it will heal up, or over.
- (v. t.) To restore to original purity or integrity.
- (v. t.) To remove or subdue; to cause to pass away; to cure; -- said of a disease or a wound.
- (v. t.) To reconcile, as a breach or difference; to make whole; to free from guilt; as, to heal dissensions.
- (v. t.) To cover, as a roof, with tiles, slate, lead, or the like.
• HealinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) So as to heal or cure.