Heart Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HeartDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form a compact center or heart; as, a hearting cabbage.
- (n.) A hollow, muscular organ, which, by contracting rhythmically, keeps up the circulation of the blood.
- (n.) One of a series of playing cards, distinguished by the figure or figures of a heart; as, hearts are trumps.
- (n.) The nearest the middle or center; the part most hidden and within; the inmost or most essential part of any body or system; the source of life and motion in any organization; the chief or vital portion; the center of activity, or of energetic or efficient action; as, the heart of a country, of a tree, etc.
- (n.) Courage; courageous purpose; spirit.
- (n.) The seat of the affections or sensibilities, collectively or separately, as love, hate, joy, grief, courage, and the like; rarely, the seat of the understanding or will; -- usually in a good sense, when no epithet is expressed; the better or lovelier part of our nature; the spring of all our actions and purposes; the seat of moral life and character; the moral affections and character itself; the individual disposition and character; as, a good, tender, loving, bad, hard, or selfish heart.
- (n.) Vigorous and efficient activity; power of fertile production; condition of the soil, whether good or bad.
- (n.) A term of affectionate or kindly and familiar address.
- (n.) That which resembles a heart in shape; especially, a roundish or oval figure or object having an obtuse point at one end, and at the other a corresponding indentation, -- used as a symbol or representative of the heart.
- (n.) Vital part; secret meaning; real intention.
- (v. t.) To give heart to; to hearten; to encourage; to inspirit.
• Heart-woundedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wounded to the heart with love or grief.
• HeartilyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) From the heart; with all the heart; with sincerity.
- (adv.) With zeal; actively; vigorously; willingly; cordially; as, he heartily assisted the prince.