Helmet Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HelmetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A helmet-shaped hat, made of cork, felt, metal, or other suitable material, worn as part of the uniform of soldiers, firemen, etc., also worn in hot countries as a protection from the heat of the sun.
- (n.) The upper part of a retort.
- (n.) A defensive covering for the head. See Casque, Headpiece, Morion, Sallet, and Illust. of Beaver.
- (n.) A naked shield or protuberance on the top or fore part of the head of a bird.
- (n.) That which resembles a helmet in form, position, etc.
- (n.) The representation of a helmet over shields or coats of arms, denoting gradations of rank by modifications of form.
- (n.) The hood-formed upper sepal or petal of some flowers, as of the monkshood or the snapdragon.
• Helmet-shapedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Shaped like a helmet; galeate. See Illust. of Galeate.