Herald Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HeraldDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A forerunner; a a precursor; a harbinger.
- (v. t.) To introduce, or give tidings of, as by a herald; to proclaim; to announce; to foretell; to usher in.
- (n.) An officer whose business was to denounce or proclaim war, to challenge to battle, to proclaim peace, and to bear messages from the commander of an army. He was invested with a sacred and inviolable character.
- (n.) In the Middle Ages, the officer charged with the above duties, and also with the care of genealogies, of the rights and privileges of noble families, and especially of armorial bearings. In modern times, some vestiges of this office remain, especially in England. See Heralds College (below), and King-at-Arms.
- (n.) A proclaimer; one who, or that which, publishes or announces; as, the herald of anothers fame.
- (n.) Any messenger.
• HeraldedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Herald
• HeraldicallyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In an heraldic manner; according to the rules of heraldry.