Hoist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HoistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of hoisting; a lift.
- (p. p.) Hoisted.
- (v. t.) To raise; to lift; to elevate; esp., to raise or lift to a desired elevation, by means of tackle, as a sail, a flag, a heavy package or weight.
- (n.) The height of a fore-and-aft sail next the mast or stay.
- (n.) That by which anything is hoisted; the apparatus for lifting goods.
- (n.) The perpendicular height of a flag, as opposed to the fly, or horizontal length when flying from a staff.
• HoistawayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mechanical lift. See Elevator.