Homologous Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HomologousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Being of the same typical structure; having like relations to a fundamental type to structure; as, those bones in the hand of man and the fore foot of a horse are homologous that correspond in their structural relations, that is, in their relations to the type structure of the fore limb in vertebrates.
- (a.) Having the same relative position, proportion, value, or structure.
- (a.) Characterized by homology; belonging to the same type or series; corresponding in composition and properties. See Homology, 3.
- (a.) Having the same relative proportion or value, as the two antecedents or the two consequents of a proportion.
- (a.) Corresponding in relative position and proportion.