Hoped Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HopedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hope
• HopDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To walk lame; to limp; to halt.
- (n.) The catkin or strobilaceous fruit of the hop, much used in brewing to give a bitter taste.
- (n.) A climbing plant (Humulus Lupulus), having a long, twining, annual stalk. It is cultivated for its fruit (hops).
- (n.) A dance; esp., an informal dance of ball.
- (v. i.) To gather hops. [Perhaps only in the form Hopping, vb. n.]
- (n.) The fruit of the dog-rose. See Hip.
- (n.) A leap on one leg, as of a boy; a leap, as of a toad; a jump; a spring.
- (v. t.) To impregnate with hops.
- (v. i.) To move by successive leaps, as toads do; to spring or jump on one foot; to skip, as birds do.
- (v. i.) To dance.
• HopeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who, or that which, gives hope, furnishes ground of expectation, or promises desired good.
- (v. i.) To entertain or indulge hope; to cherish a desire of good, or of something welcome, with expectation of obtaining it or belief that it is obtainable; to expect; -- usually followed by for.
- (n.) A sloping plain between mountain ridges.
- (v. t.) To desire with expectation or with belief in the possibility or prospect of obtaining; to look forward to as a thing desirable, with the expectation of obtaining it; to cherish hopes of.
- (n.) A desire of some good, accompanied with an expectation of obtaining it, or a belief that it is obtainable; an expectation of something which is thought to be desirable; confidence; pleasing expectancy.
- (n.) That which is hoped for; an object of hope.
- (v. i.) To place confidence; to trust with confident expectation of good; -- usually followed by in.
- (v. t.) To expect; to fear.
- (n.) A small bay; an inlet; a haven.