Hospital Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HospitalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A place for shelter or entertainment; an inn.
- (a.) Hospitable.
- (n.) A building in which the sick, injured, or infirm are received and treated; a public or private institution founded for reception and cure, or for the refuge, of persons diseased in body or mind, or disabled, infirm, or dependent, and in which they are treated either at their own expense, or more often by charity in whole or in part; a tent, building, or other place where the sick or wounded of an army cared for.
• HospitalizeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To render (a building) unfit for habitation, by long continued use as a hospital.