Hundred Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HundredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The product of ten mulitplied by ten, or the number of ten times ten; a collection or sum, consisting of ten times ten units or objects; five score. Also, a symbol representing one hundred units, as 100 or C.
- (a.) Ten times ten; five score; as, a hundred dollars.
- (n.) A division of a country in England, supposed to have originally contained a hundred families, or freemen.
• HundrederDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person competent to serve on a jury, in an action for land in the hundred to which he belongs.
- (n.) An inhabitant or freeholder of a hundred.
- (n.) One who has the jurisdiction of a hundred; and sometimes, a bailiff of a hundred.
• HundredweightDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A denomination of weight, containing 100, 112, or 120 pounds avoirdupois, according to differing laws or customs. By the legal standard of England it is 112 pounds. In most of the United States, both in practice and by law, it is 100 pounds avoirdupois, the corresponding ton of 2,000 pounds, sometimes called the short ton, being the legal ton.
• HundredfoldDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A hundred times as much or as many.