Ideal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IdealDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mental conception regarded as a standard of perfection; a model of excellence, beauty, etc.
- (a.) Imaginary.
- (a.) Teaching the doctrine of idealism; as, the ideal theory or philosophy.
- (a.) Reaching an imaginary standard of excellence; fit for a model; faultless; as, ideal beauty.
- (a.) Existing in fancy or imagination only; visionary; unreal.
- (a.) Existing in idea or thought; conceptional; intellectual; mental; as, ideal knowledge.
• IdealismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Conception of the ideal; imagery.
- (n.) The quality or state of being ideal.
- (n.) The system or theory that denies the existence of material bodies, and teaches that we have no rational grounds to believe in the reality of anything but ideas and their relations.
- (n.) The practice or habit of giving or attributing ideal form or character to things; treatment of things in art or literature according to ideal standards or patterns; -- opposed to realism.