Illuminating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IlluminatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Giving or producing light; used for illumination.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Illuminate
• IlluminateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make plain or clear; to dispel the obscurity to by knowledge or reason; to explain; to elucidate; as, to illuminate a text, a problem, or a duty.
- (v. t.) To light up; to decorate with artificial lights, as a building or city, in token of rejoicing or respect.
- (n.) One who enlightened; esp., a pretender to extraordinary light and knowledge.
- (a.) Enlightened.
- (v. t.) To adorn, as a book or page with borders, initial letters, or miniature pictures in colors and gold, as was done in manuscripts of the Middle Ages.
- (v. i.) To light up in token or rejoicing.
- (v. t.) To make light; to throw light on; to supply with light, literally or figuratively; to brighten.