Imaging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImagingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Image
• ImageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A representation of anything to the mind; a picture drawn by the fancy; a conception; an idea.
- (n.) A picture, example, or illustration, often taken from sensible objects, and used to illustrate a subject; usually, an extended metaphor.
- (n.) The figure or picture of any object formed at the focus of a lens or mirror, by rays of light from the several points of the object symmetrically refracted or reflected to corresponding points in such focus; this may be received on a screen, a photographic plate, or the retina of the eye, and viewed directly by the eye, or with an eyeglass, as in the telescope and microscope; the likeness of an object formed by reflection; as, to see ones image in a mirror.
- (n.) An imitation, representation, or similitude of any person, thing, or act, sculptured, drawn, painted, or otherwise made perceptible to the sight; a visible presentation; a copy; a likeness; an effigy; a picture; a semblance.
- (n.) Hence: The likeness of anything to which worship is paid; an idol.
- (n.) Show; appearance; cast.
- (v. t.) To represent or form an image of; as, the still lake imaged the shore; the mirror imaged her figure.
- (v. t.) To represent to the mental vision; to form a likeness of by the fancy or recollection; to imagine.