Imbricate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImbricateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lay in order, one lapping over another, so as to form an imbricated surface.
- (a.) Alt. of Imbricated
• ImbricatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Lying over each other in regular order, so as to "break joints," like tiles or shingles on a roof, the scales on the leaf buds of plants and the cups of some acorns, or the scales of fishes; overlapping each other at the margins, as leaves in aestivation.
- (a.) Bent and hollowed like a roof or gutter tile.
- (a.) In decorative art: Having scales lapping one over the other, or a representation of such scales; as, an imbricated surface; an imbricated pattern.