Impale Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImpaleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To pierce with a pale; to put to death by fixing on a sharp stake. See Empale.
- (v. t.) To join, as two coats of arms on one shield, palewise; hence, to join in honorable mention.
- (v. t.) To inclose, as with pales or stakes; to surround.
• ImpaledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impale
• ImpalementDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The division of a shield palewise, or by a vertical line, esp. for the purpose of putting side by side the arms of husband and wife. See Impale, 3.
- (n.) An inclosing by stakes or pales, or the space so inclosed.
- (n.) That which hedges in; inclosure.
- (n.) The act of impaling, or the state of being impaled.