Impressed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImpressedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impress
• ImpressDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Characteristic; mark of distinction; stamp.
- (n.) A mark made by pressure; an indentation; imprint; the image or figure of anything, formed by pressure or as if by pressure; result produced by pressure or influence.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To fix deeply in the mind; to present forcibly to the attention, etc.; to imprint; to inculcate.
- (n.) The act of impressing or making.
- (v. i.) To be impressed; to rest.
- (n.) A device. See Impresa.
- (v. t.) To press, stamp, or print something in or upon; to mark by pressure, or as by pressure; to imprint (that which bears the impression).
- (n.) To take by force for public service; as, to impress sailors or money.
- (v. t.) To produce by pressure, as a mark, stamp, image, etc.; to imprint (a mark or figure upon something).
- (n.) The act of impressing, or taking by force for the public service; compulsion to serve; also, that which is impressed.