Impression Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ImpressionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Influence or effect on the senses or the intellect hence, interest, concern.
- (n.) A print on paper from a wood block, metal plate, or the like.
- (n.) In painting, the first coat of color, as the priming in house painting and the like.
- (n.) That which impresses, or exercises an effect, action, or agency; appearance; phenomenon.
- (n.) An indistinct notion, remembrance, or belief.
- (n.) Impressiveness; emphasis of delivery.
- (n.) The pressure of the type on the paper, or the result of such pressure, as regards its appearance; as, a heavy impression; a clear, or a poor, impression; also, a single copy as the result of printing, or the whole edition printed at a given time.
- (n.) That which is impressed; stamp; mark; indentation; sensible result of an influence exerted from without.
- (n.) The act of impressing, or the state of being impressed; the communication of a stamp, mold, style, or character, by external force or by influence.
• ImpressionisticDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or characterized by, impressionism.
• ImpressionistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who adheres to the theory or method of impressionism, so called.