Indenture Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IndentureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A mutual agreement in writing between two or more parties, whereof each party has usually a counterpart or duplicate; sometimes in the pl., a short form for indentures of apprenticeship, the contract by which a youth is bound apprentice to a master.
- (v. t.) To bind by indentures or written contract; as, to indenture an apprentice.
- (n.) The act of indenting, or state of being indented.
- (v. i.) To run or wind in and out; to be cut or notched; to indent.
- (v. t.) To indent; to make hollows, notches, or wrinkles in; to furrow.
• IndenturedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Indenture