Index Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IndexDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which guides, points out, informs, or directs; a pointer or a hand that directs to anything, as the hand of a watch, a movable finger on a gauge, scale, or other graduated instrument. In printing, a sign used to direct particular attention to a note or paragraph; -- called also fist.
- (n.) The second digit, that next pollex, in the manus, or hand; the forefinger; index finger.
- (n.) The figure or letter which shows the power or root of a quantity; the exponent.
- (v. t.) To provide with an index or table of references; to put into an index; as, to index a book, or its contents.
- (n.) That which points out; that which shows, indicates, manifests, or discloses.
- (n.) A prologue indicating what follows.
- (n.) A table for facilitating reference to topics, names, and the like, in a book; -- usually alphabetical in arrangement, and printed at the end of the volume.
- (n.) The ratio, or formula expressing the ratio, of one dimension of a thing to another dimension; as, the vertical index of the cranium.
• IndexingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Index
• IndexedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Index