Inflection Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InflectionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The variation or change which words undergo to mark case, gender, number, comparison, tense, person, mood, voice, etc.
- (n.) A slide, modulation, or accent of the voice; as, the rising and the falling inflection.
- (n.) The act of inflecting, or the state of being inflected.
- (n.) A bend; a fold; a curve; a turn; a twist.
- (n.) Same as Diffraction.
- (n.) Any change or modification in the pitch or tone of the voice.
- (n.) A departure from the monotone, or reciting note, in chanting.
• InflectionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to inflection; having, or characterized by, inflection.