Inherited Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InheritedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inherit
• InheritDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To take or hold a possession, property, estate, or rights by inheritance.
- (v. t.) To put in possession of.
- (v. t.) To receive or take by birth; to have by nature; to derive or acquire from ancestors, as mental or physical qualities; as, he inherits a strong constitution, a tendency to disease, etc.
- (v. t.) To take by descent from an ancestor; to take by inheritance; to take as heir on the death of an ancestor or other person to whose estate one succeeds; to receive as a right or title descendible by law from an ancestor at his decease; as, the heir inherits the land or real estate of his father; the eldest son of a nobleman inherits his fathers title; the eldest son of a king inherits the crown.
- (v. t.) To come into possession of; to possess; to own; to enjoy as a possession.