Interested Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InterestedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Having the attention engaged; having emotion or passion excited; as, an interested listener.
- (v. t.) Having an interest; concerned in a cause or in consequences; liable to be affected or prejudiced; as, an interested witness.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Interest
• InterestDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To engage the attention of; to awaken interest in; to excite emotion or passion in, in behalf of a person or thing; as, the subject did not interest him; to interest one in charitable work.
- (n.) Any excess of advantage over and above an exact equivalent for what is given or rendered.
- (n.) Advantage, personal or general; good, regarded as a selfish benefit; profit; benefit.
- (n.) To be concerned with or engaged in; to affect; to concern; to excite; -- often used impersonally.
- (n.) To cause or permit to share.
- (n.) Excitement of feeling, whether pleasant or painful, accompanying special attention to some object; concern.
- (n.) Premium paid for the use of money, -- usually reckoned as a percentage; as, interest at five per cent per annum on ten thousand dollars.
- (n.) The persons interested in any particular business or measure, taken collectively; as, the iron interest; the cotton interest.
- (n.) Participation in advantage, profit, and responsibility; share; portion; part; as, an interest in a brewery; he has parted with his interest in the stocks.
• InterestednessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state or quality of being interested; selfishness.