Invert Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InvertDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To convert; to reverse; to decompose by, or subject to, inversion. See Inversion, n., 10.
- (v. t.) To change the position of; -- said of tones which form a chord, or parts which compose harmony.
- (v. t.) To divert; to convert to a wrong use.
- (v. t.) To turn over; to put upside down; to upset; to place in a contrary order or direction; to reverse; as, to invert a cup, the order of words, rules of justice, etc.
- (v. i.) To undergo inversion, as sugar.
- (a.) Subjected to the process of inversion; inverted; converted; as, invert sugar.
- (n.) An inverted arch.
• InvertebrataDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) A comprehensive division of the animal kingdom, including all except the Vertebrata.