Japan Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JapanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cover with a coat of hard, brilliant varnish, in the manner of the Japanese; to lacquer.
- (v. t.) To give a glossy black to, as shoes.
- (n.) Work varnished and figured in the Japanese manner; also, the varnish or lacquer used in japanning.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Japan, or to the lacquered work of that country; as, Japan ware.
• JapannedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Treated, or coated, with varnish in the Japanese manner.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Japan