Jug Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JugDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A vessel, usually of coarse earthenware, with a swelling belly and narrow mouth, and having a handle on one side.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound resembling this word, as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- (v. t.) To commit to jail; to imprison.
- (n.) A prison; a jail; a lockup.
- (v. t.) To seethe or stew, as in a jug or jar placed in boiling water; as, to jug a hare.
- (n.) A pitcher; a ewer.
- (v. i.) To nestle or collect together in a covey; -- said of quails and partridges.
• JuggedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jug
• JugalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Relating to a yoke, or to marriage.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or in the region of, the malar, or cheek bone.