Knockdown Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• KnockdownDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of force sufficient to fell or completely overthrow; as, a knockdown blow; a knockdown argument.
- (n.) A felling by a knock, as of a combatant, or of an animal.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the act of knocking down at an auction; specif., designating the price below which an article will not be disposed by the auctioneer.
- (a.) Designating a rivet end to be formed into a head by upsetting in fastening.
- (n.) A knocking down; a felling by a knock; a blow that overwhelms; also, a fist fight.
- (a.) Made or constructed so as to be capable of being knocked down or taken apart, as for transportation.
- (n.) That which knocks one down; something that overpowers or overwhelms, as strong liquor; specif., a kind of ale or beer that is very strong.
- (a.) Of such force as to fell or overthrow; overwhelming; as, a knockdown blow.
- (n.) Something that knocks down, or takes apart, for packing or removal, as a piece of furniture; also, state of being knocked down, or taken apart.