Ladle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LadleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A ring, with a handle or handles fitted to it, for carrying shot.
- (v. t.) A vessel to carry liquid metal from the furnace to the mold.
- (v. t.) A cuplike spoon, often of large size, with a long handle, used in lading or dipping.
- (v. t.) To take up and convey in a ladle; to dip with, or as with, a ladle; as, to ladle out soup; to ladle oatmeal into a kettle.
- (v. t.) The float of a mill wheel; -- called also ladle board.
- (v. t.) An instrument for drawing the charge of a cannon.
• LadlefulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A quantity sufficient to fill a ladle.
• LadledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ladle