Large Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LargeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Abundant; ample; as, a large supply of provisions.
- (superl.) Prodigal in expending; lavish.
- (adv.) Freely; licentiously.
- (n.) A musical note, formerly in use, equal to two longs, four breves, or eight semibreves.
- (superl.) Unrestrained by decorum; -- said of language.
- (superl.) Full in statement; diffuse; full; profuse.
- (superl.) Having more than usual power or capacity; having broad sympathies and generous impulses; comprehensive; -- said of the mind and heart.
- (superl.) Crossing the line of a ships course in a favorable direction; -- said of the wind when it is abeam, or between the beam and the quarter.
- (superl.) Free; unembarrassed.
- (superl.) Exceeding most other things of like kind in bulk, capacity, quantity, superficial dimensions, or number of constituent units; big; great; capacious; extensive; -- opposed to small; as, a large horse; a large house or room; a large lake or pool; a large jug or spoon; a large vineyard; a large army; a large city.
• LargelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a large manner.