Lark Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LarkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To catch larks; as, to go larking.
- (n.) Any one numerous species of singing birds of the genus Alauda and allied genera (family Alaudidae). They mostly belong to Europe, Asia, and Northern Africa. In America they are represented by the shore larks, or horned by the shore larks, or horned larks, of the genus Otocoris. The true larks have holaspidean tarsi, very long hind claws, and usually, dull, sandy brown colors.
- (v. i.) A frolic; a jolly time.
- (v. i.) To sport; to frolic.
• Larks-heelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Indian cress.
• LarkerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A catcher of larks.
- (n.) One who indulges in a lark or frolic.