Lated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Belated; too late.
• LatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To let; to allow.
• LateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) Existing or holding some position not long ago, but not now; lately deceased, departed, or gone out of office; as, the late bishop of London; the late administration.
- (a.) After the usual or proper time, or the time appointed; after delay; as, he arrived late; -- opposed to early.
- (a.) Not long ago; lately.
- (v.) Continuing or doing until an advanced hour of the night; as, late revels; a late watcher.
- (v.) Coming after the time when due, or after the usual or proper time; not early; slow; tardy; long delayed; as, a late spring.
- (v.) Not long past; happening not long ago; recent; as, the late rains; we have received late intelligence.
- (a.) Far in the night, day, week, or other particular period; as, to lie abed late; to sit up late at night.
- (v.) Far advanced toward the end or close; as, a late hour of the day; a late period of life.