Leap Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LeapDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To copulate with (a female beast); to cover.
- (n.) A basket.
- (n.) A passing from one note to another by an interval, especially by a long one, or by one including several other and intermediate intervals.
- (v. i.) To spring clear of the ground, with the feet; to jump; to vault; as, a man leaps over a fence, or leaps upon a horse.
- (v. t.) To cause to leap; as, to leap a horse across a ditch.
- (n.) Copulation with, or coverture of, a female beast.
- (v. t.) To pass over by a leap or jump; as, to leap a wall, or a ditch.
- (n.) A weel or wicker trap for fish.
- (n.) The act of leaping, or the space passed by leaping; a jump; a spring; a bound.
- (v. i.) To spring or move suddenly, as by a jump or by jumps; to bound; to move swiftly. Also Fig.
- (n.) A fault.
• LeapedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leap