Lees Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LeesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. pl.) Dregs. See 2d Lee.
- (n.) A leash.
- (pl. ) of Lee
• LeeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which settles at the bottom, as of a cask of liquor (esp. wine); sediment; dregs; -- used now only in the plural.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the part or side opposite to that against which the wind blows; -- opposed to weather; as, the lee side or lee rail of a vessel.
- (n.) That part of the hemisphere, as one stands on shipboard, toward which the wind blows. See Lee, a.
- (v. i.) To lie; to speak falsely.
- (n.) A sheltered place; esp., a place protected from the wind by some object; the side sheltered from the wind; shelter; protection; as, the lee of a mountain, an island, or a ship.
• LeeseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To hurt.
- (v. t.) To lose.