Leg Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LegDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A disreputable sporting character; a blackleg.
- (v. t.) To run.
- (n.) A fielder whose position is on the outside, a little in rear of the batter.
- (n.) The case containing the lower part of the belt which carries the buckets.
- (n.) The part of any article of clothing which covers the leg; as, the leg of a stocking or of a pair of trousers.
- (n.) An extension of the boiler downward, in the form of a narrow space between vertical plates, sometimes nearly surrounding the furnace and ash pit, and serving to support the boiler; -- called also water leg.
- (n.) That which resembles a leg in form or use; especially, any long and slender support on which any object rests; as, the leg of a table; the leg of a pair of compasses or dividers.
- (n.) The course and distance made by a vessel on one tack or between tacks.
- (v. t.) To use as a leg, with it as object
- (n.) A bow, esp. in the phrase to make a leg; probably from drawing the leg backward in bowing.
- (n.) A limb or member of an animal used for supporting the body, and in running, climbing, and swimming; esp., that part of the limb between the knee and foot.
- (v. t.) To bow.
- (n.) A branch circuit; one phase of a polyphase system.
- (n.) A branch or lateral circuit connecting an instrument with the main line.
- (n.) Either side of a triangle of a triangle as distinguished from the base or, in a right triangle, from the hypotenuse; also, an indefinitely extending branch of a curve, as of a hyperbola.
• LegalizeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To make legal.
- (v. t.) To interpret or apply in a legal spirit.