Liberties Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LibertiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Liberty
• LibertyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The place within which certain immunities are enjoyed, or jurisdiction is exercised.
- (n.) A privilege or license in violation of the laws of etiquette or propriety; as, to permit, or take, a liberty.
- (n.) A curve or arch in a bit to afford room for the tongue of the horse.
- (n.) The power of choice; freedom from necessity; freedom from compulsion or constraint in willing.
- (n.) A privilege conferred by a superior power; permission granted; leave; as, liberty given to a child to play, or to a witness to leave a court, and the like.
- (n.) The state of a free person; exemption from subjection to the will of another claiming ownership of the person or services; freedom; -- opposed to slavery, serfdom, bondage, or subjection.
- (n.) A certain amount of freedom; permission to go freely within certain limits; also, the place or limits within which such freedom is exercised; as, the liberties of a prison.
- (n.) Leave of absence; permission to go on shore.
- (n.) Freedom from imprisonment, bonds, or other restraint upon locomotion.
- (n.) Privilege; exemption; franchise; immunity enjoyed by prescription or by grant; as, the liberties of the commercial cities of Europe.