Licentiate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LicentiateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who acts without restraint, or takes a liberty, as if having a license therefor.
- (n.) A friar authorized to receive confessions and grant absolution in all places, independently of the local clergy.
- (n.) On the continent of Europe, a university degree intermediate between that of bachelor and that of doctor.
- (v. t.) To give a license to.
- (n.) One who has a license to exercise a profession; as, a licentiate in medicine or theology.