Liking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LikingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Like
- (n.) The state of being pleased with, or attracted toward, some thing or person; hence, inclination; desire; pleasure; preference; -- often with for, formerly with to; as, it is an amusement I have no liking for.
- (n.) The state of being pleasing; a suiting. See On liking, below.
- (n.) Appearance; look; figure; state of body as to health or condition.
- (p. a.) Looking; appearing; as, better or worse liking. See Like, to look.
• LikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A liking; a preference; inclination; -- usually in pl.; as, we all have likes and dislikes.
- (superl.) Equal, or nearly equal; as, fields of like extent.
- (a.) In a like or similar manner.
- (v. i.) To come near; to avoid with difficulty; to escape narrowly; as, he liked to have been too late. Cf. Had like, under Like, a.
- (a.) In a manner like that of; in a manner similar to; as, do not act like him.
- (a.) To liken; to compare.
- (superl.) Having the same, or nearly the same, appearance, qualities, or characteristics; resembling; similar to; similar; alike; -- often with in and the particulars of the resemblance; as, they are like each other in features, complexion, and many traits of character.
- (a.) To suit; to please; to be agreeable to.
- (v. i.) To have an appearance or expression; to look; to seem to be (in a specified condition).
- (a.) Likely; probably.
- (superl.) Having probability; affording probability; probable; likely.
- (a.) To be pleased with in a moderate degree; to approve; to take satisfaction in; to enjoy.
- (n.) That which is equal or similar to another; the counterpart; an exact resemblance; a copy.
- (superl.) Inclined toward; disposed to; as, to feel like taking a walk.
- (v. i.) To be pleased; to choose.
- (n.) The stroke which equalizes the number of strokes played by the opposing player or side; as, to play the like.