Lives Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LivesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Life
- (a. & adv.) Alive; living; with life.
- (n.) pl. of Life.
• LiveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To have a spiritual existence; to be quickened, nourished, and actuated by divine influence or faith.
- (v. i.) To be alive; to have life; to have, as an animal or a plant, the capacity of assimilating matter as food, and to be dependent on such assimilation for a continuance of existence; as, animals and plants that live to a great age are long in reaching maturity.
- (v. i.) To be or continue in existence; to exist; to remain; to be permanent; to last; -- said of inanimate objects, ideas, etc.
- (v. i.) To outlast danger; to float; -- said of a ship, boat, etc.; as, no ship could live in such a storm.
- (v. i.) To make ones abiding place or home; to abide; to dwell; to reside.
- (a.) Full of earnestness; active; wide awake; glowing; as, a live man, or orator.
- (a.) Being in a state of ignition; burning; having active properties; as, a live coal; live embers.
- (v. t.) To spend, as ones life; to pass; to maintain; to continue in, constantly or habitually; as, to live an idle or a useful life.
- (v. i.) To feed; to subsist; to be nourished or supported; -- with on; as, horses live on grass and grain.
- (n.) Life.
- (v. i.) To enjoy or make the most of life; to be in a state of happiness.
- (v. t.) To act habitually in conformity with; to practice.
- (v. i.) To pass ones time; to pass life or time in a certain manner, as to habits, conduct, or circumstances; as, to live in ease or affluence; to live happily or usefully.
- (a.) Imparting power; having motion; as, the live spindle of a lathe.
- (a.) Vivid; bright.
- (v. i.) To be maintained in life; to acquire a livelihood; to subsist; -- with on or by; as, to live on spoils.
- (a.) Having life; alive; living; not dead.