Loggerheads Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LoggerheadsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The knapweed.
• LoggerheadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A very large marine turtle (Thalassochelys caretta, / caouana), common in the warmer parts of the Atlantic Ocean, from Brazil to Cape Cod; -- called also logger-headed turtle.
- (n.) An upright piece of round timber, in a whaleboat, over which a turn of the line is taken when it is running out too fast.
- (n.) A blockhead; a dunce; a numskull.
- (n.) An American shrike (Lanius Ludovicianus), similar to the butcher bird, but smaller. See Shrike.
- (n.) A spherical mass of iron, with a long handle, used to heat tar.