Lone Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LoneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Being without a companion; being by ones self; also, sad from lack of companionship; lonely; as, a lone traveler or watcher.
- (a.) Unfrequented by human beings; solitary.
- (a.) Single; unmarried, or in widowhood.
- (n.) A lane. See Loanin.
- (a.) Being apart from other things of the kind; being by itself; also, apart from human dwellings and resort; as, a lone house.
• LonenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Solitude; seclusion.
• LonelinessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state of being unfrequented by human beings; as, the loneliness of a road.
- (n.) A feeling of depression resulting from being alone.
- (n.) The condition of being lonely; solitude; seclusion.
- (n.) Love of retirement; disposition to solitude.