Lording Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LordingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A little lord; a lordling; a lord, in contempt or ridicule.
- (n.) The son of a lord; a person of noble lineage.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lord
• LordDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A titled nobleman., whether a peer of the realm or not; a bishop, as a member of the House of Lords; by courtesy; the son of a duke or marquis, or the eldest son of an earl; in a restricted sense, a boron, as opposed to noblemen of higher rank.
- (v. t.) To invest with the dignity, power, and privileges of a lord.
- (v. t.) To rule or preside over as a lord.
- (n.) A husband.
- (n.) A title bestowed on the persons above named; and also, for honor, on certain official persons; as, lord advocate, lord chamberlain, lord chancellor, lord chief justice, etc.
- (n.) The Savior; Jesus Christ.
- (v. i.) To play the lord; to domineer; to rule with arbitrary or despotic sway; -- sometimes with over; and sometimes with it in the manner of a transitive verb.
- (n.) One who has power and authority; a master; a ruler; a governor; a prince; a proprietor, as of a manor.
- (n.) A hump-backed person; -- so called sportively.
- (n.) One of whom a fee or estate is held; the male owner of feudal land; as, the lord of the soil; the lord of the manor.
- (n.) The Supreme Being; Jehovah.