Lyre Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LyreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the constellations; Lyra. See Lyra.
- (n.) A stringed instrument of music; a kind of harp much used by the ancients, as an accompaniment to poetry.
• Lyre birdDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Any one of two or three species of Australian birds of the genus Menura. The male is remarkable for having the sixteen tail feathers very long and, when spread, arranged in the form of a lyre. The common lyre bird (Menura superba), inhabiting New South Wales, is about the size of a grouse. Its general color is brown, with rufous color on the throat, wings, tail coverts and tail. Called also lyre pheasant and lyre-tail.