Mace Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MaceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A heavy staff or club of metal; a spiked club; -- used as weapon in war before the general use of firearms, especially in the Middle Ages, for breaking metal armor.
- (n.) A money of account in China equal to one tenth of a tael; also, a weight of 57.98 grains.
- (n.) A rod for playing billiards, having one end suited to resting on the table and pushed with one hand.
- (n.) An officer who carries a mace as an emblem of authority.
- (n.) A staff borne by, or carried before, a magistrate as an ensign of his authority.
- (n.) A kind of spice; the aril which partly covers nutmegs. See Nutmeg.
- (n.) A knobbed mallet used by curriers in dressing leather to make it supple.
• MacedonianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Macedonia.
- (n.) One of a certain religious sect, followers of Macedonius, Bishop of Constantinople, in the fourth century, who held that the Holy Ghost was a creature, like the angels, and a servant of the Father and the Son.
- (a.) Belonging, or relating, to Macedonia.