Mand Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A demand.
• ManDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Especially: An adult male person; a grown-up male person, as distinguished from a woman or a child.
- (n.) One possessing in a high degree the distinctive qualities of manhood; one having manly excellence of any kind.
- (n.) One of the piece with which certain games, as chess or draughts, are played.
- (n.) A human being; -- opposed tobeast.
- (n.) An adult male servant; also, a vassal; a subject.
- (v. t.) To tame, as a hawk.
- (n.) The male portion of the human race.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a servants.
- (n.) A married man; a husband; -- correlative to wife.
- (v. t.) To supply with men; to furnish with a sufficient force or complement of men, as for management, service, defense, or the like; to guard; as, to man a ship, boat, or fort.
- (v. t.) To furnish with strength for action; to prepare for efficiency; to fortify.
- (n.) A term of familiar address often implying on the part of the speaker some degree of authority, impatience, or haste; as, Come, man, we ve no time to lose!
- (n.) One, or any one, indefinitely; -- a modified survival of the Saxon use of man, or mon, as an indefinite pronoun.
- (v. t.) To wait on as a manservant.
- (n.) The human race; mankind.
• MandataryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One to whom a command or charge is given; hence, specifically, a person to whom the pope has, by his prerogative, given a mandate or order for his benefice.
- (n.) One who undertakes to discharge a specific business commission; a mandatory.
• MandarinicDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Appropriate or peculiar to a mandarin.