Marrying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MarryingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Marry
• MarryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To dispose of in wedlock; to give away as wife.
- (v. t.) To join according to law, (a man) to a woman as his wife, or (a woman) to a man as her husband. See the Note to def. 4.
- (v. t.) Figuratively, to unite in the closest and most endearing relation.
- (v. t.) To take for husband or wife. See the Note below.
- (v. t.) To unite in wedlock or matrimony; to perform the ceremony of joining, as a man and a woman, for life; to constitute (a man and a woman) husband and wife according to the laws or customs of the place.
- (interj.) Indeed ! in truth ! -- a term of asseveration said to have been derived from the practice of swearing by the Virgin Mary.
- (v. i.) To enter into the conjugal or connubial state; to take a husband or a wife.