Mass Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MassDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The portions of the Mass usually set to music, considered as a musical composition; -- namely, the Kyrie, the Gloria, the Credo, the Sanctus, and the Agnus Dei, besides sometimes an Offertory and the Benedictus.
- (n.) Bulk; magnitude; body; size.
- (n.) A quantity of matter cohering together so as to make one body, or an aggregation of particles or things which collectively make one body or quantity, usually of considerable size; as, a mass of ore, metal, sand, or water.
- (n.) The principal part; the main body.
- (v. i.) To celebrate Mass.
- (n.) A large quantity; a sum.
- (n.) A medicinal substance made into a cohesive, homogeneous lump, of consistency suitable for making pills; as, blue mass.
- (n.) The sacrifice in the sacrament of the Eucharist, or the consecration and oblation of the host.
- (n.) The quantity of matter which a body contains, irrespective of its bulk or volume.
- (v. t.) To form or collect into a mass; to form into a collective body; to bring together into masses; to assemble.
• MassagistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who practices massage; a masseur or masseuse.
• MasseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Alt. of Masse shot