Meridian Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MeridianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A great circle of the sphere passing through the poles of the heavens and the zenith of a given place. It is crossed by the sun at midday.
- (a.) Hence: The highest point, as of success, prosperity, or the like; culmination.
- (a.) Pertaining to the highest point or culmination; as, meridian splendor.
- (a.) Midday; noon.
- (a.) Being at, or pertaining to, midday; belonging to, or passing through, the highest point attained by the sun in his diurnal course.
- (a.) A great circle on the surface of the earth, passing through the poles and any given place; also, the half of such a circle included between the poles.